Passport PROCESSING IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.                            Passport


Covid-19 Safety Guidelines are Strictly followed. 

Key Points to Remember
  • Routine service takes 6-8 weeks to process your passport.
  • Expedited service takes 2-4 weeks to process your passport for an additional charge of $60 per application.
  • The applicant must be present to apply for a passport.
  • If the applicant is UNDER 16, both parents are required to appear with the applicant when they apply for their passport. If one of the parents is unable to be present that parent must complete a Minor Consent Form #DS-3053, which is available here. 
  • If the applicant is 16 or 17, only one parent needs to appear with the applicant when they apply for their passport.
  • Plainfield Charter Township will only accept checks or money orders for payment. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted.
  • Two checks/money orders are required. One payable to the US Department of State and the other payable to Plainfield Charter Township.
  • Plainfield Charter Township offers passport photo services for $10.00 per person.
Renewing a Passport
You must Renew by Mail if your most recent U.S. Passport:
  • Undamaged and can be submitted with your application; and
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older; and
  • Was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
Appearing before a passport agent is not necessary if your renewal meets the above criteria.  Mail your passport to the address on the application via Priority Mail. An agent can not submit the form on your behalf. 

Instructions and an application to renew your passport by mail can be found here.

Passport Card 
- The Department of State has developed a Passport Card as a more portable and less expensive alternative to the traditional passport book. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.