About Versluis Park
Versluis Park was created on the shore of a 50 acre man-made lake and designed to provide a fully accessible recreational experience. Today, the Park features beach and swimming areas with lifeguard stations, playground areas, picnic facilities, horseshoes & volleyball, and a fishing pier, boating, and one-mile paved walking trail. The sandy beach at Versluis Park is the perfect place to cool off during those hot days of summer. It's great fun for the entire family with barrier free access and clean restrooms.
Young and old alike can catch their limit of fish from the fishing pier. Barrier free wheelchair access, safety rails and seating make for an enjoyable family experience. A large variety of fish are found in Versluis Lake including bluegill, carp, catfish, crappies, gar and northern pike, large mouth, small mouth and rock bass, sunfish and walleye.
The Versluis Park swimming beach is open from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. during the summer months. The beach will close for the 2019 season at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 11. During summer hours, all other areas of Versluis Park are open from 11:00 AM - sunset. The rest of the year, typically when public schools are in session, Versluis Park is open from 7:00 a.m. to sunset. Please be reminded that alcohol is prohibited on park property.
VERSLUIS PARK ENTRY FEES$ 3.00 per bicycle
$10.00 per vehicle
Season Pass Information:
Season passes are available only at Versluis Park. A driver's license is required and the sticker will be affixed to the vehicle's windshield at time of purchase.
- $25.00 - Season Pass for Plainfield Township Residents
- $70.00 - Season Pass for non-residents
- Commercial vehicles: $3.00 per person
- Versluis Park Fees are charged only when the beach is open for swimming.
- All entrance fees may be paid in cash or by credit card.
- If you leave the park and wish to re-enter, you will be charged an additional entry fee.
- Bus and large groups must make prior arrangements before entering the park.
- The Kent County Sheriff's Department or park staff may limit entry into Versluis Park due to safety concerns.
SWIMMING BEACH RULES
- Even though the beach is staffed with lifeguards, please WATCH YOUR CHILDREN! Safety is everyone responsibility.
- PLEASE STAY IN THE SWIM AREA! There is a large drop-off beyond the swim area bouys.
- For your utmost safety we do not allow pool noodles, tubes, floats, boogie boards, kick boards or other inflatables as these may obstruct the vision of the lifeguards - ONLY USCG APPROVED life jackets properly worn for flotation in the swim area.
- NO Masks, fins or snorkels (goggles are ok).
- Food, smoking or glass containers are only allowed in the picnic areas - NOT on the sandy area of the beach.
VERSLUIS PARK RULES & REGULATIONS
To insure a pleasant beach experience and your safety, we do not allow alcohol. Your entry fee grants permission for staff to checks coolers, bags, cars and cups.The following are prohibited in Versluis Park:
Please note that we do not allow walk-in entry, in & out passes or refunds. For your safety, please follow the directions of the staff at all times. Violations of park rules may result in the expulsion of the entire party involved.
VERSLUIS LAKE WATER QUALITY TESTING INFORMATION
The state has tested the water in Versluis Lake for PFAS multiple times, with the most recent test conducted last July. The results of these tests have been consistent and indicate that PFAS levels in Versluis Lake are comparable to levels found in the Great Lakes. Based on this, the state has determined that the lake is safe for swimming and recreation. To download and view the latest test results summary letter, click here. To download and view the Versluis Lake test site map, click here.