Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center for
- Voter registration - check to see if you are registered and where you are registered
- Find your polling location
- Absentee voting - track your application and ballot
- View sample ballots
- Contact your local election official
Federal Voting Assistance Program - Military and overseas civilians (MOVE BALLOT):The Federal Voting Assistance Program (click here) provides voting help for uniformed service members, their families and citizens living outside the U.S.
MICHIGAN ELECTION DATES
The conduct of all federal, state, county, township, and school elections are restricted to three dates each year. The three dates are the first Tuesday after the first Monday in May, August & November.
Absent Voter applications are available at the Plainfield Township Clerk’s office located at 6161 Belmont Avenue, Belmont, MI. You may also contact the Clerk’s Office at 364-8466 to request that an Application for an Absent Voter Ballot be mailed to you.
TO Download an absentee application CLICK HERE.
POLLING LOCATIONS IN PLAINFIELD CHARTER TOWNSHIP
Plainfield Charter Township has 11 precincts and you will vote in the same precinct for ALL elections; including federal, state, county, township, and school elections. All polling precincts are handicap accessible and open from 7:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. on Election Day.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR PRECINCT MAP
- Plainfield Charter Township Offices - 6161 Belmont Avenue NE, Belmont
- Plainfield Christian Church - 7255 Pine Island Drive NE, Comstock Park
- Ambrose Ridge Apartments - 1501 Woodworth NE, Grand Rapids
- Plainfield Fire St #3 - Training Center - 4383 Plainfield Avenue NE, Grand Rapids
- Front Line Community Church - 4411 Plainfield NE, Grand Rapids
- Blythefield Hills Baptist Church - 6727 Kuttshill NE, Rockford
- St. Luke’s Lutheran Church - 3215 Four Mile Road NE, Grand Rapids
- Plainfield Community Center - 5255 Grand River Drive NE, Grand Rapids
- Grace Fellowship Church - 735 Buth NE, Comstock Park
- Assumption BVM Catholic Church - 6390 Belmont Avenue NE, Belmont
- Tribes Church - 6070 Kuttshill Drive NE, Rockford
A temporary campaign sign related to a primary, general or special election, which displays the name, party or other related information of political candidates running for office, issues placed upon a ballot to be voted upon or other political issues. Without limitation, a campaign sign is not permitted in the public right-of-way.
Size: The sign area of any single sign shall not exceed twelve square feet and shall be setback a minimum of five feet from all lot lines
Number: There shall be no more than four signs on any single property and all such signs shall be located on private property. The total amount of sign area for all signs utilized shall not exceed 32 square feet.
Duration: Campaign signs are only permitted for a period not to exceed 60 days prior to an election or voting day, and all such signs shall be removed within 14 days after an election or voting day.
To report violations, contact our Ordinance Enforcement Officer at 616-364-1190.
Back to Elections and Voting page