Permanent Absentee Voter List Request
Current registered voters can apply to be placed on the permanent absentee voter (AV) list. To apply, submit the form below or send an email or written request to the clerk's office.
- You only need to apply once. If you are already on the permanent voter list, no need to re-apply. An application will be sent to you for each election.
- This permanent list is for registered voters in Plainfield Charter Township only.
- You will remain on the list unless you change your registration address, your voter registration is canceled, or you request to be removed from the permanent AV voter list.
The form below is NOT an absentee voter ballot application. This is a request to be on the list to receive absentee voter applications automatically by mail. If you need an application for a ballot, see the link to the left of this page.
Important points to remember:
An application for an absentee ballot must be received before a ballot will be issued. We will never automatically send ballots. We will automatically send applications. A dual application may be used for a primary/general election allowing you to apply for both elections with just one application.
- If you wish to vote in person at the precinct and are on the permanent AV list, disregard the application and don't return it to the clerk's office.
- All absentee ballots are counted for every election.
- Your ballot must arrive at the clerk's office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day to count.
PERMANENT ABSENTEE VOTER LIST REQUEST FORM