Election Workers Resources
BECOMING AN election INSPECTOR (precinct worker)
all Election INSPECTOR positions FOR THE MARCH 10 Presidential primary are now filled.
Plainfield Charter Township is looking for qualified candidates to serve as election inspectors to perform election duties and tasks within the scope of Michigan Election Law and as directed by the Clerk and the Clerk’s staff members. This is a paid position and subject to the federal Minimum Wage Act.
To be considered for an appointment as an election inspector, you MUST:
- Be a registered voter
- Be at least 16 years old (The voter registration requirement is waived for inspectors under 18)
- Submit an application to the township clerk's office
- Be willing to declare a political party preference so that a balanced election board is ensured
- Attend paid election-worker training (mandatory).
A person is ineligible to serve as an election worker if:
- He or she is a candidate for any office in that election
- He or she has an immediate family member who is a candidate for any office in that election
- He or she is a challenger
- He or she is a member of the local Board of Canvassers
- He or she has ever been convicted of a felony or an election crime
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION here
6161 Belmont Ave NE
Belmont, MI 49306