Fill a Pool Using a Fire Hydrant?
The Plainfield Township Water Department issues “Daily Hydrant Permits” to residents that would like to use a fire hydrant to fill a swimming pool. The permit fee covers the rental and placement of a hydrant meter assembly. The permit and scheduled rental date must be secured at the Water Department located at 5195 Plainfield Ave, NE.
The fees are as follows:
- $85.00 - Daily Hydrant Permit Base Fee (non-refundable)
- $5.00 per thousand gallons of water used (the water used is metered and then invoiced separately to the customer)
- The permit holder is responsible for obtaining their own fire hose
- Hydrant meters are set by water department personnel on the scheduled day of rental at 8:00AM and removed no later than 3:30PM
- 24-hour notice is required for a hydrant meter to be set – No same day service
- Hydrant permits are not issued on weekends or holidays
For further information contact Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.:
Plainfield Township Water Department
5195 Plainfield Avenue NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525